Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's a Win-Win.....

We all hear a lot about the sun protection and fashion aspect to hats. I can tell you that over my career with Dorfman Pacific, which is over 30 years, I have seen many different aspects of my third love-HATS. (Now that my wife and son are appropriately recognized) I see another great opportunity for we in the headwear industry.

This opportunity is to make people more aware of the benefits of hat wearing as it pertains to the prevention of skin cancer and premature aging. As I see it, we have a responsibility, as parents and grandparents, to lead by example and wear more hats so that the next generation won’t endure the ravages of melanoma as we are experiencing now. To this end, I also want to see a concerted effort on the headwear industry to actively and aggressively pursue more substantive relationships with organizations such as the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and/or the Skin Cancer Foundation.

The benefits derived from this type of association will speak volumes to consumers and retailers. It will be a classic example of Win-Win-Win-Win.

I see the next step to be a unified effort from THA with a game plan and resources devoted to make this happen.

Who is with me on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment